Turkey Kielbasa Cabbage Stew
It’s a spicy and hearty soup making it a full meal on a cold, snowy day. My favorite brand of turkey kielbasa is from Wellshire Farms. But for an extra kick to the stew use turkey andouille sausage. This recipe easily can be made in the crockpot.
- 1 lb. turkey kielbasa sausage, sliced
- ½ lb. white sweet potatoes, peeled or unpeeled and cubed
- 1 carrot, large, sliced
- 2 c. cabbage, shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 20-24 ounces chicken broth
- 1-2 T. [url:2]raw honey(optional)
- 1 t. caraway seeds
- ½ t. pepper
- 1 c. green beans, cut in ½ inch pieces
- 3 T. apple cider vinegar
- 2 T. arrowroot powder or gelatin
- In large saucepan brown the turkey kielbasa sausage over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes, carrot, cabbage, onion, broth, sugar, caraway, green beans, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring constantly.
- Combine arrowroot powder or gelatin. Add additional water if necessary. Bring to boil again; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.