A delicious, nut-free granola option for those wanting a high protein, fiber rich snack. Great by itself or on top of coconut ice cream or yogurt for a decadent treat. Missing your croutons? Try this on your favorite salad.
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup raw sunflower seed
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- ¼ cup raw honey, warmed
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dried fruit (any unsweetened or fruit juice sweetened variety)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/ 180°C.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients, excluding dried fruit. Toss well. Spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in dried fruit.
- Continue to stir every few minutes during the cooling process. (For storage, keep in an airtight container at room temperature.)