Roasted Balsamic Asparagus
This a deliciously easy way to prepare asparagus. Sometimes I add julienned carrots and roast them together. It looks very colorful.
- 1½ lbs. medium asparagus, tough stem ends trimmed
- 8 oz. white button mushrooms, stemmed and quartered
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1½ t. course sea salt or to taste
- 3 t. balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- In a baking baking sheet, toss the asparagus and mushrooms with the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the vegetables in a single layer.
- Roast for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and browned, turning once or twice.
- Place vegetables on a serving platter.
- Drizzle the vinegar and toss gently.
- Season with additional salt and pepper as desired.