This is a sweet treat that will take you by surprise. It is rich and silky smooth. It is actually a pretty healthy treat but does have honey and maple syrup. Experiment with the recipe and decrease the sweeteners to your taste. It is hard to believe that there are monounsaturated good fats in this delicious recipe. Top with coconut cream for an extra punch.
- In food processor, blend together:
- 8 ripe avocados
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (13.5 oz can) Natural Value is a great brand.
- When smooth, add:
- 1.5 c. raw cacao powder (unsweetened cocoa powder works also)
- 1 c. honey
- 1 c. maple syrup
- 2 T. vanilla
- 1 T. cinnamon
- ¾ t. ground ancho chile powder (essential for the recipe)
- Add first two ingredients to a food processor. Process until well blended.
- Then add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Then place in small ramekins or other individual serving dishes. Chill to set.
- Keeps well if each dish is covered in the refrigerator.